Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > NAME OF THE SHOES USED TO DO BALLET    

NAME OF THE SHOES USED TO DO BALLET

Yolandaprieto
Spain

NAME OF THE SHOES USED TO DO BALLET

Does anybody happen to know the name of the shoes girls use to do ballet?
Thanks in advance
Yolanda

29 Sep 2014      

MoodyMoody
United States

The soft ones are simply ballet shoes. The stiffer ones the older girls and women use are pointe shoes. Ballet flats are shoes meant to be worn outdoors, with hard, flat soles and uppers in the style of ballet shoes.

29 Sep 2014     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

-Thanks for your quick answer.
Yolanda

29 Sep 2014     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

And what about the shoes people use to play basketball? basketball shoes or boots? 

29 Sep 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

We called them ballet slippers.

29 Sep 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Modell �s Sporting Goods http://www.modells.com/category/footwear/kids �.do  calls them basketball shoes. We used to call them high tops. That name is still in use, but the quality has gotten much fancier. Formerly canvas like tennis shoes, now see http://www.jordan-sneakers.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=184 for Nike Air Jordan high tops.

29 Sep 2014     

yanogator
United States

I �ve heard ballet slippers more than ballet shoes. The pointe shoes are also called toe shoes.

Bruce

30 Sep 2014     

douglas
United States

Bruce, I always heard the same, but this link (and many others) uses "shoes" for both:

Also, I say basketball shoes (not boots)

Cheers,
Douglas

30 Sep 2014     

Thowere
Albania

It is very dificult to find out any common person who has different pair of shoe because everyone love to wear shoes with some extra attractive design. I have checked about the gender neutral shoes which are more attractive shoe among youngsters because they love to wear a shoe which provides the best quality of shoe.

6 Nov 2021