Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Cambridge testing program    

Cambridge testing program

AL3NA
Mexico

Cambridge testing program

Hello Everybody,
I �m working at a University in Mexico and would like to have my students certificated by cambridge (PET, KET, FCE). Does anyone know how I can do that in the school. I don �t want the students to have to go to another school to take the test. 

And.... Could anyone tell me the prices of these tests?

Thanks SmileSmile

30 Sep 2014      

Zora
Canada

All you can do is contact them (The examination board for Cambridge) and see if you can have the exam at your school - or what is required for them to consider your school as a suitable exam venue. Usually, they pick a place that is suitable for all students from everywhere in a certain region, so it might be hard to suggest such a change.

Cambridge exams are fairly expensive. In Europe, FCE is around 150 euros to 175 euros.

30 Sep 2014     

joannajs
Poland

Actually, what is required is - as Zora said - adequate venue, so a room which can sit a particular number of people and the distance between the students should be 1.25m. On top of this good quality audio equipment is necessary for the listening part. Definitely they �ll need someone from your school to help the supervisors they are going to send. And finally, to organize the exam at your school they �ll probably need a particular minimum number of candidates (Cambridge requires a minimum of 4 per level to have a session in THEIR certified center, venoes outside the center might be different). 
As to prices, they may be lower or negotiable when you organize them yourself as they don �t need to hire exam rooms themselves. You should inquire with your local Cambridge exams administrators. 
Guess this info is very much up to date as we �re a Cambridge Exam Center in Warsaw ;-)

1 Oct 2014     

AL3NA
Mexico

Thank you both very much. You were quite helpful. Thanks. LOLThumbs Up

1 Oct 2014