Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Phonetic project ideas for an adult class    

Phonetic project ideas for an adult class

Rachell13
Panama

Phonetic project ideas for an adult class

Hi everybody I wrote some days ago asking for some ideas for phonetics projects, but nobody replied! Please, give me some ideas. I was thinking of asking them to make a comparison between English and Spanish sounds... you ideas will be welcomed! Hugs

5 Oct 2014      

ELOJOLIE274
France

maybe no one replied because you �re not being specific enough...
what do you qualify as a "phonetic project"? something you want to do once a year, or regularly (once a month, every other week, include in each lesson plan you do...)

right now my project with my class is doing a role in which one of them will be the teacher, one of them a new pupil arriving in class and a couple more pupils will play their own role (introducing themselves to the new pupil, following the orders the teacher gives etc...)
i �ve identified two phonetic difficulties my pupils might have:
1) they �ll have to ask questions to other pupils to get to know them and ask questions to the teacher, and the intonation of questions in English is very different from the intonation of questions in French, so we worked on that.
2) many words they are likely to use have the letter "o" in them (stop, borrow, book, notebook, down etc...) and this letter can be pronounced differently, especially if it �s combined with other letters, so i �ve prepared a document to help them with that...
check my lastest printables for more information.

does it help?

good luck with your phonetics projects

6 Oct 2014     

Rachell13
Panama

Thanks for taking the time to answer me.

6 Oct 2014