Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need urgent help please    

I need urgent help please

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

I need urgent help please

Hi,

I have these sentences in the student �s book. The lesson is tommorrow. I tried to understand the general idea but I failed :(

The sentences: 

In the 1966 science fiction story, an inventor develops an amazing way to cure diseases. He shrinks a group of scientists and their submarine and injects them all into patients.  Then they travel around the patient �s body, visiting the different organs and repairing them. 

What I don �t understand "

What does he inject ?? Who are the patients ??

Best Regards
:)

2 Nov 2014      

petiteteacher
Argentina

In the 1966 science fiction story, an inventor develops an amazing way to cure (synonymy -heal-) diseases. He shrinks (go under water) a group of scientists and their submarine (a kind of boat that can go thousands of km under sea) and injects them (put into their system a shot/vaccine) all into patients.  Then they travel around the patient �s body, visiting the different organs (the heart,brain and lungs are different organs) and repairing them

*a virus is something that can causes you illneses

2 Nov 2014     

blessed trinity
Turkey

The inventor injects a group of scientists into a patient �s body. In patient �s body, they travel and cure the damaged organs. The writer of this passage makes a relavance between the mission of the scientists and how nanotechnology works and how it will be in the future -may be just like the one described in the film.

2 Nov 2014     

nathalie891
France

In the film the inventor injects the scientists that he shrank (= made smaller). the patient is the sick person and the small scientists travel inside his body. In real life, very small robots are being created to try and cure diseases.

2 Nov 2014     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

OMG

Now I understand . It is an imaginary.
I understand that he shrinks the scientists and their submarine and injects them all into the patients. 
 Thanks a lot because you reminded me it is a film.   EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

2 Nov 2014