Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > any ideas on helping students remember ´who ´ and ´how ´?    

any ideas on helping students remember ´who ´ and ´how ´?

MarionG
Netherlands

any ideas on helping students remember ´who ´ and ´how ´?

Tomorrow I will be teaching feelings to my beginner 8-year-olds, and I will be using:
How are you? 
and
Who is happy/tired etc.?

Suddenly I wondered how on Earth  my students (esp. the struggling ones) are going to remember which word is what, since ´who ´ and ´how ´ look so similar.
Maybe anyone of you has a brilliant tip to help them remember? (their mother tongue is Hebrew)
I have seen for example cards where the word was ´drawn ´ in such a way that it shows the meaning, but I couldn ´t think of any way to do this with these two words.
Any tip will be greatly appreciated!

2 Nov 2014      

maryse peyé
France

Hi dear Marion, I have invented a funny story about these 2 words. Here it is : There is a club, the WH- words club. One day How walked in but it was so drunk that the door shut on the W and became the tail of the word because it turned while the door was shut. HOW is it possible to be so drunk not to have seen WHO shut the door ? / Do you like it ? May it be of some help ? Hugs. Maryse.

2 Nov 2014     

MarionG
Netherlands

I didn ´t quite understand the story but maybe inventing a story about the letters is a good idea, I ´ll try to come up with one as well. Thanks in any case Heart

2 Nov 2014     

lojein
Tunisia

I suggest this link to convert a text into   mp3 http://www.fromtexttospeech.com/