Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > About the English Club !    

About the English Club !

medderraz
Morocco

About the English Club !

Hi everyone,
    How are you getting along with your noble job ? How are your students behaving ?! How are you proceeding with your syllabuses or curricula ?! I hope everything is fine & I wish you the Best of Luck ! LOL
   I �d like to start an English Club in the high school where I work , & I would be grateful if you can tell me/us some of your insightful ideas or share with me/us some of your interesting experiences or effecient plans just to get started !! Thanks in advance & have a nice time .. Smile
      Kind Regards .

5 Nov 2014      

EwelinaEwelina
Japan

Hello there ;-)
How about using ESL plays and funny skits with your students?
I got my idea from this website: http://www.teachingenglishgames.com/eslplays.htm.,
since I really had a problem how to get students into acting out by putting all the pieces of plays together.
You can also check  www.youtube for funny skits suitable for your students age.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhcL-5guHA

Good luck with your English Club.

Ewelina

5 Nov 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

This site has a couple of ideas.

I like the excursion idea and conversation idea.

5 Nov 2014     

yingwenlaoshi
Russian Federation

There are lots of lesson ideas based on short videos on this website http://film-english.com/blog/
I hope you will find it useful for your club! :) Good luck! :)

5 Nov 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

When I was a French assistant in a college in Minnesota we had a French club. Our first meeting was very informal: we had prepared hot cocoa, some french pastries/biscuits (the college had paid for everything) and the theme was was "getting to know you" (we sat on the sofas, chairs etc... and talked about us, the weather, compared Minnesota vs France etc...)
over the school year we celebrated various French holidays (Epiphany, Mardi gras etc) and we organized 4 movie nights, a french "dinner" (raclette = a lot of cheese and cooked meats) etc. we met once a month, a different theme each time and we took pictures, it was so fun, my best memories of minnesota really :) and our students talked French so it was very useful for them because they used what we taught them in class outside the classroom :)

P.S.: the college i was working for was quite generous (regarding how much we could spend) but obviously you can make a lot of things without spending much! our "mardi gras" soir�e, we cooked cr�pes with our students and that really didn �t cost much except that we had invited hundreds of people so we had to cook a lot of crepes...

6 Nov 2014