Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Cambridge Exams FCE and CAE - new 2015    

Cambridge Exams FCE and CAE - new 2015

Diana Parracho
Portugal

Cambridge Exams FCE and CAE - new 2015

Hello dear colleagues,

I was wondering if any of you has already bought the new books Complete First and Complete Advanced revised for the new exams in 2015...

I was about to buy them but I would like to know from someone who has them or has access to them if the alterations are big enough to make buying the new books worth it.

They are very expensive...

Thank you and have a nice day!

Diana

11 Nov 2014      

MILEVY
Peru

I have books for CAE preparation. 
Even with the audios. 
If you īd like email me. 
My email is [email protected]

11 Nov 2014     

joannajs
Poland

Dear Diana,

The changes are going to be substantial: first and foremost reading and use of English are merged into one part, each exercise is going to be shorter, but also the students will have less time. In CAE for example the part in which they had to come up with one word matching 3 sentences is out. 
Listening is virtually unchanged. 
Another big difference is connected to writing: in CAE P1 there is a compulsory essay to write, in P2 they still have a choice of a letter, report, review or proposal.
In the speaking test the main difference is that in the collaborative part instead of pictures to discuss, the candidates will have verbal prompts (pictures were sometimes confusing).
As usual, the choice whether to buy or not is yours. I guess if you are thinking of teaching this level not just this single time, you īll need to invest in these books... For the time being you can always download the free handbook for teachers with one complete test and mp3 track.

Hope that helps :-)

http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/images/cambridge-english-advanced-handbook-2015.pdf

11 Nov 2014     

monika2453
Poland

There are a lot of online sites you can prepare with!

25 Jun 2015     

elderberrywine
Germany

I uploaded an overwiev of tasks in the CAE 2015 exam and the same thing for FCE. They are both 7 pages and the document contains practice tips and information about marking.

You will have  get a clear idea of all the different tasks and text types and can compare with the previous exam. The changes are sustantial. 
Sorry if I seem to be advertising my worksheet. I � m simply  helping with a question. I � not in need of points and won � t be for the rest of my professional life.
elderberry

26 Jun 2015