Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please help!    

Please help!

Farah12
Lebanon

Please help!

Hi guys..
I need your help please.. Could any native speaker please proofread this part of essay for my brother? he is supposed to write about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, or experience that is important to him? Please I need it urgently.

The essay:
Reaching the breaking point of my mental limits, heavily breathing, being hundreds of miles away from civilization, that �s when the idea of giving up came to mind. As I stood at the summit of the mountain, I couldn �t help but snicker at myself for thinking it would be such fun, I had underestimated the difficulty_significantly to keep track of the trip.
In spite of being bold, and competitive person, this challenge was beyond my imagination. I was having a mental debate to determine whether quitting was a choice or a solution.
Looking up to the blue sky, which seemed to be so close to me, gave me the motivation to look up to the path we had to finish. We were trecking for five hours, still having an hour to go. For a moment, it seemed to me as it is a long path fulls of barriers and hurdles. A closer view, and I had a moment of realization, this path looks like a life �s path..
Everything in it is simply a challenge that I have to endure. Even though I had pain but i overcomed it and all the hard circumstances, and i took control over my thoughts and feelings. There i discovered that failure is not an event but an idea. There I discovered that failure is not a solution but a choice. There i decided to take my choice; the choice of success.
There I felt a new spirit inside me. The spirit of confident and consistent. The spirit of willing and innovative. I stood up, told my team that our break is over. I led them to the end of the track. Experiencing all that feelings, made me recognize that the only thing stands in one �s way is himself.
Camping in Oman, gave me the spirit. But a year later, in Nepal, I had to face this spirit. We were camping in harder circumstances and we had community services to do. We had been through tough days dealing with very bad freezing weather, and with the poorness and tough life there, but still i didn �t feel the weariness. I used to talk with the others in my team and help them to stand on. I was happy to be able to manage all the bumps on my road. At the end of the day it �s just an obstacle in my life. The major obstacle to achieving my goals is myself.
The journeys I have been through my 17 years of life have been quiet chaotic; moving countries, schools, and even these trecks. But without these journeys, I wouldn �t be who I am today.

Thanks in advance 

27 Nov 2014      

EstherLee76
Peru

I sent you a PM. 

28 Nov 2014