Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Lube of    

Lube of

carinita
Argentina

Lube of

Is "lube of" used to express quantity? I �ve just read a tweet containing that combination of words and I don �t get the meaning of the tweet. Thanks for replying!

13 Jan 2015      

Apodo
Australia

I �ve never seen it as a quantity.
Lube is an abbreviation of Lubrication. What is the rest of the sentence and the context?

Could it be a typo (typographical error)?

13 Jan 2015     

carinita
Argentina

Maybe it �s a game of words....medical language and sex... You �ll find all the tweets here https://twitter.com/medicalaxioms Yes, I realize...it�s just a joke...the word isn�t normally used as a quantifier

13 Jan 2015     

alien boy
Japan

Hi carinita!

They �re playing word games. They �re making group/collective nouns for persons or things related to the medical industry.

There are many inventive group/collective nouns that are based upon perceived qualities of things. Some examples are �a murder of crows �; �a parliament of owls �; �a sloth of bears �; and countless others!

Cheers,
AB 

13 Jan 2015     

LosBluefist
Ireland

Haha,

your friend just uses predictive text and talks about sex more than he uses the word load.

L=L
u=o
b=a (both are typed on the same button)
e=d  (both are typed on the same button)

The u=o one is odd but it �s almost certainly this typo combined with your friend �s dirty texting history ;)

14 Jan 2015     

LosBluefist
Ireland

Haha,

your friend just uses predictive text and talks about sex more than he uses the word load.

L=L
u=o
b=a (both are typed on the same button)
e=d  (both are typed on the same button)

The u=o one is odd but it �s almost certainly this typo combined with your friend �s dirty texting history ;)

14 Jan 2015     

carinita
Argentina

How interesting, Alien Boy!
Welcome to ESL printables, LosBluefist (dirty texting history (?)...he�s not my friend)

14 Jan 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

It must be a typo. A tube of something probably...

14 Jan 2015