Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > staying on a good level of english    

staying on a good level of english

saszka2
Poland

staying on a good level of english

Dear colleagues,

Can you tell me what you do to keep up a good level of english when you only teach elementary students?
 I mainly teach kids whose level of English isn �t very high and I �ve got the feeling that my own English is getting worse and it isn �t as good as it used to be as I don �t really have a chance to practice it:(

16 Jan 2015      

zahra.r
Iran

i have the same situation and what can help me is to read books and review grammars,

good luck ;)

16 Jan 2015     

David Lisgo
Japan

I get to speak to a native speaker about 5 minutes a week unless I talk to myself and it has been that way for more than 25 years. Some general online reading, books on topics you enjoy, Youtube and my favourite... �podcasts �, which I listen to every day. Easy to maintain my vocabulary but speed of thought and speech seems impossible to get back, too bad.

17 Jan 2015     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Apart from our colleagues � advice, you can also buy cpe coursebooks and a tests books and do the exercises, as practice. There are many "with key" editions ...
And reading, of course. A lot! 
Good luck!

17 Jan 2015