Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > How to teach..... Do you have any different ideas?    

How to teach..... Do you have any different ideas?

Cassy
Brazil

How to teach..... Do you have any different ideas?

Today, I had a meeting at school. We were asked to prepare a material on: How to teach:
- vocabulary;
- grammar;
- speaking;
- listening;
- reading and
- summary.
In our school we have a text to introduce the "grammar" and then we ask the stds to make a summary of it. They should write 5 lines, we correct and then they memorize to present it.
Some teacher told us how they do it...... but sometimes I think they are so traditional..
I prepared my material but before sending it through e-mail to my coordinator I would like to know your opinion. How do you teach them?
Do you think it�s possible to change a teacher�s way of teaching vocabulary, for example?
What would be a good technique to teach those items?
Can you help me?
If you want, you can send me a private message.

Thanx in advance.....
Cassy

19 Feb 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

Cassy, check this:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=4709

"First I tell them what I am going to tell them; then I tell them;  and then I tell them what I have told them." (Hillare Belloc)

"Don�t tell them - INVOLVE them." (Ivona)

19 Feb 2009     

Cassy
Brazil

Thanx a lot...
Does anybody want to talk about the other topics...?
Cassy

19 Feb 2009     

jchris
Sri Lanka

first I teach them focusing on particular area of grammar such as tenses,questions and articles.
then speech with particular area. I ask them to by heart the speech .
Its a successful method when you teach English as a second language. I have this experience for more than 10 years and students are successful too.
Jennifer

20 Feb 2009