Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Intonation for very advanced students    

Intonation for very advanced students

spinney
United Kingdom

Intonation for very advanced students

Hi People!
I �ve just completed a course that I ran for non-native English teachers and, although their pronunciation was wonderful, in a couple of cases it was practically native, there were some small intonation problems. I do have the Martin Hewings book (Advanced Pronunciation in Use) which I fully intend to use in the future, but does anybody know of something, web-page, books, youtube videos etc, that I could incorportate into a class for them that won �t send them to sleep and, more importantly, actually works? These people have a minimum C2 level. I would like to be better prepared for this in the future and I would also like to develop
something of my own. Any ideas on intonation for this level would be very welcome. As I said before, their pronunciation was fine.

8 Feb 2015      

maryse pey�
France

What about reading playscripts where there are quiproquos like �the importance of being earnest � for example ?

8 Feb 2015     

spinney
United Kingdom

Thanks for that Maryse Pey�. We did some theatre stuff but we didn �t use scripts, prefering that the students wrote their own. This could be something for us to play around with in the future. Nice idea! Smile

And thanks Redcamarocruiser, I�m just about to have a look at those links you sent me.

8 Feb 2015     

kwsp
United States

Hi! Here are some YouTube links you might find useful. The first one is the best for intonation.

Elemental English https://www.youtube.com/user/eLeMentalEnglish

8 Feb 2015     

spinney
United Kingdom

Cheers very muchly! Big smile

9 Feb 2015     

douglas
United States

You could possibly work thse into the lesson:

9 Feb 2015     

spinney
United Kingdom

I love that woman �s face. So smiley! Anyway, thanks for that, Douglas.

9 Feb 2015