Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > ideas for competitons    

ideas for competitons

samahdaba1983**
Syria

ideas for competitons

hello everyone
I �m looking for english competition for my students. I know  "spelling bee " . Can you give me your ideas.

11 Feb 2015      

questforknwledgehomeschool
United States

How about an oration competition? Students have to recite a famous speech, poem etc. Students are given points for pronunciation, recitation and difficulty.

Speed composition contest. Throw out a number of words. Students have to write grammatically correct sentences using as many of the called words as possible. Again, points are given for correctness of sentence and number of words used. Game could be played in teams.

11 Feb 2015     

irena82
Macedonia

For learning vocabulary, you can  try "Hangman" but my students love Memory game. At the end of the class I write the new words (or chose topic) on the board, give them 1 minute to memorize them, and tell them to turn around, and as they do, I erase one of words. The student to say the word, must write it back on the board and spell it. You can play individually or in groups. 

12 Feb 2015