Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Do you use Facetime in your lessons?    

Do you use Facetime in your lessons?

Jayho
Australia

Do you use Facetime in your lessons?

Hi all

Since 75% of my students have an iPhone and my college has free student WiFi, I thought I�d explore the possibility of incorporating Facetime into my lessons.

Do you use Facetime in the classroom? If so, please share your ideas.

I don�t actually have an iPhone but I recently upgraded my ancient iPod Nano 2nd gen. to the latest iPod Touch and am delighted to see that it has all the functions of an iPhone 5 except for the phoning ability. How good is that?!! I�m excited.

Cheers

Jayho

1 Mar 2015      

alien boy
Japan

I haven�t used it myself, not having any Apple devices, but you may want to investigate some web based FaceTime alternatives. This would allow any student who has access to a web�browser to join in.

Here �s one link�with a few suggestions: http://facetimeapp.com/web-based-facetime-alternatives/
Cheers,
AB�
>
You could even try something like Jive Chime, as it�s available across several platforms: http://jivechime.com/#features

1 Mar 2015     

Jayho
Australia

Hi AB

Good idea , although the students always do these activities in pairs so no one is disadvantaged.  I also have to stress to the students that they do not need to go out and buy an iPhone and show them my el-cheapo base model Nokia which does the same job (except for Facetime). Some have these gaming tablets with WiFi access and that�ll do too.

I shall check out those links. If anyone knows of any others, please let me know.

Cheers

Jayho

2 Mar 2015     

Peter Hardy
Australia

My students are pretty much in my face each and every day. I like to teach face to face, and some of my students ... well ... pictures say more than words.

From my iPhone:

2 Mar 2015     

Jayho
Australia

LOL Peter.

I did a bit of research and many teachers are using FaceTime for guest speakers as well as pen pal type stuff.  There is potential.

Cheers

Jayho

3 Mar 2015