Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > joining eslprintables    

joining eslprintables

NicaBella21
United Kingdom

joining eslprintables

I recently became a member of esl, I was led to the site because I was trying to find some ideas to support a project about Toy Story, the movie.  I �ve uploaded some of my worksheets,( only one a day, as per the rules), and I �m impatient to start using the site in the fullest sense because I �m waiting for others to notice my contributions!  I think once I �m able to view and download the resources on this site, I will find it invaluable, but ... it seems that it �s going to take some time before I collect sufficient points to be able to download resources.
I would happily upload lots of my resources, but the restrictions slow the whole process down, and it may be months before anyone notices my contributions!!  I �m not trying to advertise or push forward my own resources, I �m feeling quite shy about them because they �re fairly basic, but tailor-made for my classes of pupils with complex Special Educational Needs.  They �ve all been tested in real classroom situations, sometimes with OFSTED inspectors present! 
I hope I don �t  lose interest before I get some points!!
I �ve made some useful games during my 30 plus years in teaching;  they �re bespoke resources to support pupils who are struggling with early literacy skills.  I �d love to be able to offer those to others but I �m not sure how to do it - they �re mostly in the form of board games and cards, because these activities foster a great many social skills in parallel with literacy skills.  If anyone can offer me advice - please make it very simple I �m a goldfish brain when it comes to I.T. - I �ll stick with esl for now, try to upload some attractive resources, and review in a few months � time.

6 Mar 2015      

Mariethe House
France

Hi Nica! And welcome!
I am afraid you will have to be a bit patient but you will eventually get to the magical 30 points!
Meanwhile , take a look at this free tutorial  to help you make more attractive ws. The contents are important, but if they are nicely presented, they "sell" better!

Another idea is you are looking for some good ESL material, have a look

at:busyteacher.org      or ISL collective.

6 Mar 2015     

zumi
Spain

Don �t worry, it �s faster than you think! The new ws are free for one day, so a lot of people will download your ws on the first day, during which they are on special display. I joined maybe a month ago and after the first few days I had my 30 points.

6 Mar 2015     

melissab
Argentina

Don �t worry! The first day my first worksheet appeared  I accumulated over 70 points. Now I have over a hundred and that is more than enough. I have already downloaded enough ws for the next 3 or 4 months.Patience. Good luck!

6 Mar 2015     

NicaBella21
United Kingdom

Thanks for the encouragement!!  I notice that some of my ws are being downloaded by others -  I �m so excited!!  I love making resources, and will be really happy if they help some children to improve their literacy skills and confidence  :-) 

6 Mar 2015     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hello NicaBella,
Welcome to this great community of esl/efl teachers!
Don �t worry we �ve all been there:)  The tutorials and templates are FREE - i.e. you don �t need points to download them and use them, you just need a reference to the author of the template if you use it in your wss! So you�ll be able to find boardgame/cards templates that you can use to put in your content. However, make sure you reed the RULES:) People usually ignore the basics and then complain if their work gets reported, so you �ll save yourself from trouble if you read the rules first:) (maybe you already did:)
With so many years in teaching I�m sure you have a lot to share with us! I�m looking forward to your new contributions.

6 Mar 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

http://eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=556906#thetop

Hi NicaBella,

This is a wonderful site, so persevere. This template is guaranteed to earn you points. It �s very attractive but simple, just write straight into the boxes, no fancy editing needed. Write a sentence or two about the boy and his daily routine.  Or write a true and a false sentence in each of the boxes, for the students to tick the right one. 
Lynne 

if you use a template, do thank the provider. This one is by ueslteacher. 

6 Mar 2015     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Welcome and congratulations. You have already got 37 points. 

7 Mar 2015