Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help, Plz!!    

Help, Plz!!

caren_630
Egypt

Help, Plz!!

Dear�teachers,

I am teaching past perfect�this week. I am in desperate need for an activity or a game to�grab my students � attention and interest at the beginning of the lesson. My students are 13 years old intermediate BOYS. I am teaching Daffodils this week as well and I�would really appreciate�any unconventional idea to start my poetry class with. My students are not very interested in poetry and I want��my poetry lesson to be�exciting. I taught Tiger the previous month and I�started it with Kate Perry song Roar and the students were very excited about it. I am running out of ideas. Help plzzzzz.�

Thx,

23 Mar 2015      

maryse pey�
France

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35uXO7DpT2U
Make them Watch these short films and discuss about them (how the ideas had come before the shooting, what had the teen actually thought when she was asked to play the part...) and then talk about the secret meanings of the flowers, how these flowere had been used to open the heart in a coded way...
Flowers had been secret messages, they are seducing messages. And poems had been appreciated as they still are by girls...
May they help in some way ?

23 Mar 2015     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

23 Mar 2015     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

23 Mar 2015     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Maybe the boys would like this cartoon on the topic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv1L-8f2erg

23 Mar 2015