Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Cambridge Flyers    

Cambridge Flyers

eliza211282
Poland

Cambridge Flyers

Hi! I really need your help! I was asked to prepare a revision to Cambridge flyers exam. I have sample tests but I don �t know any suitable games or fun activities. Could you please give me some ideas and materials if possible?

11 Apr 2015      

shuhub
Iraq

What  is subject 

12 Apr 2015     

EstherLee76
Peru

Hi,

You can get information about what �s on the exam from the Cambridge website:

http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams/young-learners-english/flyers/

I usually find a topic and play games according to the theme.  (For example, food, seasons, hobbies, etc.)  There are lots of games on our eslprintables.

They need to spell correctly so you can have spelling bees.  I also work on speaking by asking them Flyers type questions.  If they answer correctly they can do something fun like throw a ball, etc.  You can also work with grammar this way.  Again there are lots of fun grammar games here on ESLprintables.

Hope this helps.

Esther 

12 Apr 2015     

joannajs
Poland

Hi Eliza,

A few hints from an examiner ;-) In the speaking test the children need to be told to answer IN FULL SENTENCES as they score more points then. Usually in this part they experience most problems with telling a story, so you need to focus on it. The story might be told not only in Past Simple (which might be an issue for some kids), but in Present Continuous in which they are usually more fluent. Asking questions is an issue, too sometimes. Some get mixed up when they answer questions because the answer prompts are NEVER in the order they have on the Candidate Booklet. In the last part (personal questions) they should be told that it �s not about the TRUTH, they just need to speak. Sometimes I see children who are stressed out because they don �t remember how many teachers they have or stuff like that. Examiners care about any number in that context, that �s all. If you want to find some examples of q&a, look at my contribution, they are out there somewhere. By the way, it �s not official Cambridge, it �s just me :-) 

Good resources to practice in a nice/thematic way are Fun for Flyers and Storyfun for Flyers. You can obviously also consider Cambridge websites for sample tests and lessons.

Hope that helps, best of luck,

joanna 

12 Apr 2015