Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help needed!!!! Holidays around the world!!!!    

Help needed!!!! Holidays around the world!!!!

Jessisun
Argentina

Help needed!!!! Holidays around the world!!!!

Hello everybody!!! I need your help. I work in a English institution. At the end of the year we hace our end of year party that is a �Culture Fair � where each class represents a country that the kids have been working on it by looking up for information about the country each class is given. So this year we �re thinking about having the �Culture Fair � with the topic �Holidays around the World �. So, we �re making a list of countries that have special celebrations. These are some the the countries we have thought about ...can you suggest another countries? Thanks a lot in advance!!!! :) 

Sweden/Norway - St Lucia �s Day
Kenya/Uganda - Kwanzaa
Iran/Afghanistan - Yalda (longest night of the year)
Israel - Hanukkah
China - Chinese New Year
Britain - Christmas "season" (decorations, carols, etc)
Russia (possibility) - banned Christmas under USSR for 70 years (kind of dark though!)
Germany - Christmas tree
USA - Santa Claus
Greece - St Basil �s Day (Jan 1)

12 Apr 2015      

maryse pey�
France

Sent you a private mail.

Cheers.

Maryse.

12 Apr 2015     

donika
Poland

South Africa- 1st September Braai day (braai is what we call a barbeque). South Africans are really big on braais :-)

12 Apr 2015     

olaola
Italy

Carnival in Italy , in February

12 Apr 2015     

Krocha
Brazil

Carnival in Brazil, in February, too!

Hugs. 

12 Apr 2015     

anamia
Croatia

CROATIA
St. Nicholas �s day ( December 6th )
Children put their boots on the windowsill in the evening of December 5th, and in the morning they find presents ( usually chocolate, sweets, smaller toys... )from St. Nick if they were nice, but if they were naughty a � � Krampus � � ( looks like a devil and has chains ) leaves a golden or a silver painted twig ( from a tree ) in their boots. 

12 Apr 2015     

kons
Morocco

Hi,
In Morocco, we celebrate: 
  1. Hijri New Year ( 1 st of  Moharram)
  2. Aid Al Adha Holiday (10 th of  Dou Alhijja)

1. The Birth  of the  Prophet Mohammed  ( 12 of Rabii Al Awal)

Between brackets are lunar months.

Best greetings from windy Tangier, Morocco.
Kons 

12 Apr 2015     

teachermarcilene
Brazil

I �d suggest "June Fest" in Brazil, because, in my opinion, it �s truly Brazilian, more than Carnival, and it �s kind of unknown. It �s certainly even more celebrated by everyone all over the country, than Carnival. You can google for "Festa Junina" and I �m pretty sure you will be able to understand the explanation given, even in Portuguese, once we �re sort of neighbors. :D In case you need help, just contact me.

12 Apr 2015     

Jessisun
Argentina

Thanks a lot everyone who gave me some ideas!!! I really appreciate it!!! Thanks

12 Apr 2015     

01marissa
Spain

Saint George �s day Catalonia- Sant Jordi

Men give roses to women and they give them a book. It �s a a very nice festival and it �s celebrated all over Catalonia

13 Apr 2015     

ninon100
Russian Federation

Here in Russia we celebrate "Knowledge Day" on the first of September when kids go to school. It �s a really big event for those who have schoolchildren in their families, and an unforgettable one for parents of 7-year-olds, who go to school for the first time.

13 Apr 2015     

1    2    Next >