Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Happy Hangman    

Happy Hangman

papadeli
Greece

Happy Hangman

Although I like the procedure of hangman, I don �t like the sight of a man being hanged, although he is a stick man. But what if he was not hanged but thrown into the water or the sea? What if he could fly away in case he was saved? Here �s a great pdf with clear instructions: Happy Hangman! You have to join the site first but you can download the pdf for free!

If you like the idea but you don �t want to print any papers, you can just make a drawing on the board.

Here are the instructions:
Greetings from Greece, 

17 Apr 2015      

mracine
Japan

I really like this idea.  Thanks for sharing.

17 Apr 2015     

alien boy
Japan

I like it, too. During Winter and Spring I play �Snowman �, complete with sun, like a reverse hangman. When the students get something wrong, the snowman begins to melt!

Cheers,

AB 

17 Apr 2015     

papadeli
Greece

Right, alien boy! Snowman is a great game, too. What ever you can move part by part. It could be a (Christmas) tree,  a room (furniture), a house (rooms), a town (buildings), a body, a bag (books), a pot (food)... But what makes a game a hit is the funny part. Being eaten by sharks after popping up all balloons could be an option but I don �t like this kind of fun. I don �t like being killed or hanged. I �m looking for educational ideas that bring laughter and health. Any ideas?

Greetings from Greece,
papadeli games

18 Apr 2015     

Despina38
Turkey

Good idea thank you :)

18 Apr 2015