Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > reading    

reading

chebbiaida26
Tunisia

reading

I have recently made a modest compaign among my pupils to increase their appetite and interest in reading books in english to help improve  their vocabulary and their writing skills. surprisingly, They seemed very enthusistic and motivated. However, they found out that we lack resources whether in our school library or city library( toatal of 4novels for about 900 pupils in this school). And even when trying to buy for them some novels from the book displays they were a bit expensive so I just bought a modest number of books which was not enough even for a class of 30 and I am already teaching 5 classes which means 150 pupils who need these novels for at least 2 weeks each. So, my pupils proposed why not share with other schools, ask friends and colleagues to help in this modest compaign. And here I am. So, my If you have novels for intermediate and lower intermediate that you no longer need we as Tunisian students will be more than welcoming and grateful.

23 Apr 2015      

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

One other option might be this...

Go to the Project Gutenburg website.
You can download stories legally and for free.
There are no longer copyrights or royalties for those books.

You could print, say, just 5 or 6 copies for each class.
Those 5 or 6 students get page 1 one day 1.
They pass that to another student on day 2 and then they get page 2.
They pass page 2 on to another student on Day 3, and so on and so on...

Of course there will be a small (staggered) period when some students have read the whole (short) story and some are still readig the last few pages.

Apart from people simply sending books to you, I cannot think of a better way of doing this with little money.

Have a nice day :)

23 Apr 2015     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I like the idea of project Gutenberg that Matthew suggested.  Would Flatmates be of help? 

24 Apr 2015     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

The problem with project Gutenberg is that what you can download from there is authentic material, and that wouldn �t be appropriate for Lower-intermediate or intermediate students. It would be too challenging for them!

Here is a website with e-books on the level you need, they may help out.

http://english-e-books.net/intermediate/

GOOD LUCK!! 

24 Apr 2015