Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help    

Help

caren_630
Egypt

Help

I need urgent help with the following question plzzzzzz Correct the verb between brackets: (why? �1. I ..........(have) difficulties with the computer. I don �t know how�it works

24 Apr 2015      

Gi2gi
Georgia

Hi,
The most suitable option seems to be: 

I am having difficulties with this computer.

Cheers 

24 Apr 2015     

caren_630
Egypt

Why using "am having"?? Why not "I have" especially that it means have got?

24 Apr 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I have difficulties with computers. That is fine. It �s a general statement. You don �t know how to use a computer.

�I am having � suggests that it is just with this particular computer at that moment and I agree with Giorgi it should be with this computer.

24 Apr 2015     

yanogator
United States

I agree with Georgi and Lynne that "I am having trouble with this computer" would be best, but "I am having trouble with the computer" is still correct. If your boss comes to your desk and says, "Is all of the equipment working correctly?", you could answer, "I am having trouble with the computer, but all the other items are fine."

Anyway, "am having" is definitely the correct form of the verb, as they both said.

Bruce 

24 Apr 2015