Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ideas needed for certificates awards for adult classes!!!!     

Ideas needed for certificates awards for adult classes!!!!

Jessisun
Argentina

Ideas needed for certificates awards for adult classes!!!!

Hello, everyone!!! I need your help. I work in a private English academy. I teach adults and we have an communicative approach. The students aren �t tested as the main purpose is that they can communicate and use the language. The headmistress is encouraging the teachers to give �Certificates awards � to recognize their work monthly a d call it �The Student of the Month �. Their level is pre-intermediate. But how can I award them without being subjective? I �m thinking about giving them certificates for �Punctuality � �Responsibility � �Collaborative Work �...any other suggestions? Please help me out as I �m running out of ideas!!! 😞 Thank you soo much for your help in advance!!! Warm regards, Jess

4 May 2015      

llucckyy2010
Russian Federation

http://www.genkienglish.net/certificatemakerfamily.gif

4 May 2015     

ninon100
Russian Federation

Why don �t you let you class award THEMSELVES all the certificates? The procedure is very simple: You �ll need a set of "medals" or other "ribbons" or some such stuff printed and cut out in different shapes. And some colour pens as well. At the lesson the group are seated in a circle with you among them. Then you say that they �ve all been working hard and deserve a medal/ribbon/certificate/Oscar or whatever. Then suggest taking a paper medal and a colour pen - one copy for each student. After that they should think about the student sitting on their right and dedicate the medal to this person. On the medal they should write: "To Susan For being supportive, communicative and kind" - or any other suitable dedication. When they are ready with their writing, they should wait for everybody else to finish and at your command start awarding these Oscars :) And you should participare, too! And get a certificate from one of your students. You �ll be surprised how observant your students are. There �ll be no "empty" words, they �ll be sincere and to the point! +Extra language practice :) I �ve done it hundreds of times with my adults, and they always enjoy the unusual game!

5 May 2015     

gharbi2009
Tunisia

I can �t figure out what �s wrong with choosing a student as the student of the month so as to encourage them and motivate them to learn more. Isn �t it a fact that learning first language for a child is based to a certain extent on reward and punishment.? 

5 May 2015