Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Best Class Books for young Teens    

Best Class Books for young Teens

gscott1979
China

Best Class Books for young Teens

Hi all

If you �re like me, teaching in an all encompassing private language school, then the biggest challenge is the young teens, those students 12-15 years old who don �t care, don �t want to be there and don �t even like playing games. Younger than this they are still energetic and curious, older and they are trying to behave like adults, but this group is always a challenge.

Which is usually made worse by the poor quality of class books on offer, especially in China where I teach. Brainwaves and Side by Side are too simple, Interchange, Headway,  New English File, Cuttin Edge etc a little over the age level.

I �ve seen online though so many books designed for teenagers, many of which are hard to get in China or very expensive. So I ask you all, which book to you use and/or recommend? Of course it needs to be engaging and have a good range of speaking activities to go with the rest of the skills.

I look forward to your replies.

5 May 2015