Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with lyrics    

Help with lyrics

Aurore
France

Help with lyrics

Hi there .  Although I am a native speaker I just can �t make out the last sentence of the chorus in Lou Bradley �s Uluru which reads:

Have you ever seen the rain fall down on Uluru?

Have you ever listened to that sound

Of the Earth and fire and wind and water ?

Have you ever heard the stories of life?

(..........................................................................................? ???)  Any ideas?

8 May 2015      

Jayho
Australia

I so love that song (and her music in general) but I can�t make out that part of the chorus either (and I�m an Aussie!)

........... all around

In one part of the video it sounds like to goodbye all around and in another it sounds like that you could buy all around but I really don�t know.

If no-one can pick it, maybe you could contact her via her web page or facebook.

Cheers

Jayho

8 May 2015     

Tannithlynne
Italy

could it be a question about dream time? How the aborigines beleive that everything was created from something else?

8 May 2015     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I thought I heard, "Have you ever heard the stories of life combined all in one" but then I listened at a slowere rate and it sounds more like "good-bye all around" as Jayho sugested.

8 May 2015     

valodra
France

Hi!
Can �t help...But found a wonderful ws here :
 http://www.eslprintables.com/worksheets_with_songs/other_songs/Chapter_7_Lou_Bradley_s_song__459193/#thetop

;-))
Val 

8 May 2015     

Jayho
Australia

This has been bugging me and I�m happy to say that I have now solved it.

It�s: Tjukurpa all around.

Tjukurpa is an indigenous word used by the people of Uluru and means the foundation of their culture. Tannith was spot on! 

See here for more info.

Pronounced �chook-orr-pa�.

I can rest easy now and also assure you that if you ever have the opportunity to visit Uluru you�ll experience that Tjukurpa all around.

Cheers

Jayho

P.S. Val - thank you. Actually, through this I discovered that she changed her website URL because when I clicked on the link in my doc it went to a Chinese site! Of course I have now updated it.

8 May 2015     

valodra
France

@Jayho,

I wish I could visit Uluru....Maybe one day. I do thank you for your great work, which gives us so much information about a far-away country, that still represents a dream to many French people.

I love the cultural work you �ve sent us ; just letting you know!
Best regards from Northern France,
Val 

8 May 2015     

Jayho
Australia

@Val Hug

8 May 2015     

Aurore
France

A big thank you to everyone. Well done Jayho ! I would never have solved it alone.Enjoy a great weekend.

8 May 2015