Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What is the difference between cosmetician and beautician, if any?    

What is the difference between cosmetician and beautician, if any?

MarionG
Netherlands

What is the difference between cosmetician and beautician, if any?

Is there a difference between a beautician and a cosmetician? 
(and what is it exactly they do?) 

23 May 2015      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Marion! A beautician is someone who works with make-up (cosmetics). I guess they apply the stuff onto women �s faces. I have never heard of a cosmetician. Would it be someone who advises you on the best cosmetic products? Maybe they are the same thing? Interesting! Hope you get some better answers.
Lynne 

23 May 2015     

L. habach
Morocco

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cosmetician?s=t

23 May 2015     

L. habach
Morocco

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/beautician?s=t

23 May 2015     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Marion

In my neck of the woods:

- a cosmetician (beauty consultant) sells cosmetics - example

- a beautician works in a salon to provide beauty services - example

Cheers

Jayho

23 May 2015     

kwsp
United States

Hi!

Like Jayho said, (Hi, Jayho!) "in my neck of the woods":

- A cosmetician is a person who sells cosmetics such as Mary Kay or Avon. Also, they can be the person behind the makeup counter in a department store giving advice about the name brand cosmetics they are selling such as Clinique, Lancome, Estee Lauder, and so on. They may or may not be trained in cosmetology, but most likely not.

- Beauticians and cosmetologists  have been trained in cosmetology and are licensed through a two or three year program on skin care, hair care, and sometimes nail care. They can cut, perm, color, and style hair, give facials, apply make up, give manicures and pedicures, apply artificial fingernails, and so on.

:-)

kwsp 

23 May 2015     

MarionG
Netherlands

"A whole new world.............."
Thanks everyone! 

24 May 2015     

nasreddine Sarsar
Tunisia

A cosmetician is a person whose occupation is manufacturing, selling, or applying cosmetics while a beautician is a person who gives cosmetic treatment usually in a beauty salon.

24 May 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Whatever. Can anybody send one round mine? Cheers,
Lynne 

25 May 2015