Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Need help    

Need help

afoufa09
Tunisia

Need help

Would you mind  answering this please : (choose the correct alternative)
1. After his crushing defeat in the semi-finals it took John a long time to .............his confidence.
  a) find         b) accept         c) recover         d) remake 
 2. I ......................... to enjoy sports at school.
a) wasn �t used        b)  didn �t use        c) hadn �t use         d) not used
 3. Do you think that your money.......................when you were on the bus?
a) could be stolen        b) is stolen            c) could have stolen            d) could have been stolen
 4. Everything is going well. We .................... any problems so far.
a) didn �t have           b) don �t have             c) haven �t had                d) haven �t
 5. What was the problem? Why ....................leave early?
a) had you to                b) you had to                    c) must you                  d) did you have to
 6. We �ve got  plenty of time. We .......................hurry.
a) don �t need                   b) mustn �t             c) needn �t to                d) needn �t

7. The prime minister is considering a cabinet .....................
a) reorganisation                b) rearrangement               c) reconstruction            d) reshuffle 

8. Can you tell me as soon as she.....................?
a) phones                    b) is phoning                 c) will phone                 d) does phone

9. By the end of the week she ...................... all her exams. 
a) will finish             b) will have finished                    c) will be finishing                d) has finished 
10. I couldn �t find Sara , ........................ did I know where she had gone.
a) neither                        b) hardly                     c) either                       d) nor 

25 May 2015      

yanogator
United States

C   B   D

C   D   D

A   A   B  D

Bruce 

25 May 2015     

afoufa09
Tunisia

thank you very much 

Afef 

25 May 2015     

IrinaL1993
Russian Federation

Hello, could you tell me please where it is taken from? 

25 May 2015     

[email protected]
Thailand

1A
2B
3D
4C
5D
6D
7D
8A or D
9B
10D

25 May 2015     

nasreddine Sarsar
Tunisia

1. C

2. B

3. D
4. C
5. D
6. D
7. �D (I disagree with Bruce)
8. A
9. B
10. D

25 May 2015     

yanogator
United States

I �m not going to argue on #7. It could be a US/British difference.

#1 is definitely C

Bruce 

25 May 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

1c. 7d. Yes, it �s British. Prime ministers reshuffle their cabinet.

26 May 2015     

maryse pey�
France

Well, the problem is : when there are possible differences and knowing that only one answer is accepted in a mcq how to answer then ? I maan for a TOEIC or TOEFL mcq for example.

26 May 2015     

tareq
Egypt

Thanks a lot for your understanding and group work behaviour ladies and gentlemen here. To my friend from Thailand ,I think 8 is definitly A . Using verb to do to accentuate or assure  can Not be in such a sentence. When I say I do like you ,I assure that but in that sentence we just need the grammatical structure not the accentuation.

26 May 2015     

yanogator
United States

To add to Tareq �s answer about #8, the "as soon as" in the sentence shows that her phoning is a certainty, but we would use "does phone" in an uncertain situation:

If she does phone, tell her I �ll be a little late.

Bruce 

26 May 2015     

1    2    Next >