Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Present simple- Thanksgiving    

Present simple- Thanksgiving

martalop90
Italy

Present simple- Thanksgiving

Hi mates!
Any ideas to work the present simple of verb to be related to Thanksgiving festivity?

Thanks in advance! 

28 May 2015      

MoodyMoody
United States

How about dialogs about different traditions in different families? Here �s an example (taken straight off the top of my head):

Noah: Jayla, it �s hard to believe that it �s almost Thanksgiving again. I can �t wait! My family usually visits my mother �s family, and I see my cousins again. It �s great!

Jayla: We don �t have a big family, so my mother usually invites a lot of the neighbors over. Mr. Johnson �s fried turkey is the best!

Noah: My grandmother always bakes her turkey, and then she makes gravy for the mashed potatoes. It �s delicious!

Jayla: My mother has macaroni and cheese instead of the potatoes. And she makes a fantastic pumpkin pie, too!

Noah: My grandfather hates pumpkin pie, so we usually have apple pie and pecan pie instead. After dinner, we go for a walk and then play board games. I usually beat my cousins at Scrabble.

Jayla: That sounds like fun! The men and the boys watch football on the big screen TV while the women and girls wash the dishes. It �s not fair.

Noah: Everyone helps clean up at my grandparents � house. That �s half the fun. I guess you can look forward to shopping on Friday.

Jayla: Now you �re talking!

28 May 2015     

papadeli
Greece

Create rainbows of Subject-Verb-Object and produce sentences.

Greetings from Greece,

30 May 2015