Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Please help me once again.    

Please help me once again.

ngthsang
Vietnam

Please help me once again.

In Vietnam, we do not use any textbooks from englishtips.org to teach students. The Vietnamese Ministry of education and training has composed our own curriculum, so we have our own textbooks from grade 3 to grade 12. For my reference, I �d like to know which English books of your own country ( where English is the foreign language ) are used to teach students from grade 3 to grade 12. If possible, can you send me the English books of your own country? Many thanks.

8 Jun 2015      

laurinete
Brazil

Hello I´m Brazilian and I am doubts with the word "litter"... littering and improves residents´quality of life.

with "ing"   and " Ed"

example:
Individuals are much more likely to dispose of waste in a " littered" environment.A clean community, however, discourages  littering and improves residents´quality of life.

What are these mean? What´s the difference? thanks 

8 Jun 2015     

yanogator
United States

Hi, Laurinete,

First, when you have your own question, you shouldn �t "reply" to another person �s post. Instead, you should go to the bottom of the forum and click on Start New Topic. Then the thread will be your own.

Now for your answers:
The "-ing" form is, in this case, a verbal noun, referring to the process (as a noun)
Speaking is difficult in a foreign language.
Running is good exercise.

The "-ed" form is the past participle, in this case, being used as an adjective.
We have a saying in English, "Don �t cry over spilled milk" ("spilt" in British English).
I have trouble walking because of a pulled muscle in my back.
No one likes to see littered streets in their city.

Bruce 

8 Jun 2015