Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Work sheet pages with two columns    

Work sheet pages with two columns

richardtucker
Brazil

Work sheet pages with two columns

Dear Geeks, (not in a negative sense)
Every time I try to send in a  class where I have a page that has two columns, when I add it to existing pages it does not separate it. I �ve tried to study this a bit, I heard there was a page break to apply, but I just haven �t quite got the hang of this. Anyone know of anyplace I can read about this, or does anyone have a simple suggestion.
I have really appreciated your feedback. 
Thanks so much!
Richard 

5 Jul 2015      

MarionG
Netherlands

I can �t help you with the columns. I never use them since I find them too limiting. I use text boxes instead. A text box (without fill and without line) can function visually like a column, but it gives you a lot more freedom of placement. Just an idea....

5 Jul 2015     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

If you select the text you want to divide into the columns and then you click on COLUMN and choose the number of columns you want, it should work.

6 Jul 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Text boxes will cause you a lot of a hassle from my experience. Try doing as martina suggested - mark the text and go to columns tab in Word. Experiment until you get the satisfying results. Best of luck. Giorgi

6 Jul 2015     

douglas
United States

I �m with Marion, I use text boxes--they allow more freedom once you learn to use them properly.

6 Jul 2015