Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > DONATING PPT PRESENTATIONS    

DONATING PPT PRESENTATIONS

ldeloresmoore
China

DONATING PPT PRESENTATIONS

I am ready to scream. 

I worked HOURS........*H O U R S* on a ppt that I wanted to use for a class. So when I finished it I thought I would also donate it here.

I thought I had used appropriate photos, but accidentally picked up (turns out) a few water marked photos by mistake. Ok, totally my mistake. The ppt police removed it, sent me a nasty note, and that was that. So I spent ANOTHER TWO HOURS, very carefully revamping my pictures, making VERY SURE I didn �t have any copyrighted or watermarked pictures, and uploaded again.  It was removed. AGAIN.

I have made multiple requests to PLEASE tell me what I am doing wrong. This is my first ppt submission, and if this is typical is will darn well be my last.  I don �t know exactly what they are objecting to!! There are dozens of pictures, so which one are they taking such offense to?

In the mean time, there �s been over 25 downloads of the presentation, and  so does that mean that my presentation as been downloaded for free and I don �t get any points for it? FANTASTIC :-/ 

In case you haven �t noticed, I �m monumentally frustrated.

If ANYbody has ANY clue about how this works, I �d be grateful. Otherwise, I �ll just not donate ppts in the future. Which is a crying shame. I thought I did a really good job on it.  

14 Aug 2015      

Mariethe House
France

Maybe, you find some explanation here.

14 Aug 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Don �t be disheartened by this, ideloresmoore. The moderators on here are very strict. Many times wss are removed from here which are displayed on other websites, bold as brass. But I guess it means we are a clean site. No, you won �t get those points back unfortunately. I am an active moderator but I don �t know your ppt. If you would like to send it to me, I will be able to tell you what the objection was, if that would help. I remember sending a ppt I really rated and it was disallowed because of a picture of a potato! A simple potato! I was scandalised, but when I looked, it did actually have a watermark, so, not allowed. I will send you my email address by pm.

Mariethe, thanks for those links. My word, the things we get wound up about! No wonder there are wars! Have a great day, all.  
But actually, it can be very frustrating and I really sympathise. 

14 Aug 2015     

EwelinaEwelina
Japan

I understand your  frustration. I also spent a lot of time on picking pictures for my worksheets (What �s wrong with my school supplies) and I happened to use a few  watermarked photos, which are not allowed. I learned not to trust google 100% while searching for license free pics. 
The ppt police ( moderators) who removed my worksheet kindly explained the reason in general. They also said that I can post my worksheet again after correcting mistakes. 
(Honestly, I am a dummy when it comes to computers.. It is not easy for me,   especially when my software is in Kanji... and I can �t read it).   

Thank you for the links. It helps a lot.

Have a good day, 

14 Aug 2015     

elderberrywine
Germany

Idelores, there is no police on this site.

There are certain rules that are considered necessary by the people running this site. 
Moderators help to keep the site clean. 
They all do this in their free time. 

How about trying to grasp the rules, enquiring politely  if something is not clear instead of whining and attacking people? 

There is a wonderful spirit of friendliness and cooperation here. No-one tries to harm anyone. Enjoy it. You needn �t upload anything if you don �t like the style! 

14 Aug 2015     

cukurova
Turkey

I think the rules are very clearly indicated on this site.Although I have been an active contributor-well,at least until last year or so- only one of my works have been removed so far.To be honest,I truly have difficulty in understanding the contributors � confusion or frustration about their works being removed because if they are removed,there is a REASON for it.As moderators,we don �t find excuses or we don �t have other secret rules to remove them.They are removed because of the rules you already know.The rules of Eslprintablea are for protecting others � rights(don �t use watermarked cliparts or don �t upload others � worksheets etc.).The rules of Eslprintables make the site and the works here of quality.I strongly advise contributors to READ the rules before uploading.And c �mon! The rules are for all of us and this site really really worths obeying them! Stay with love, Irem

14 Aug 2015     

SaraMariam
United States

I have to agree with everybody. It can be quite frustrating (I feel your pain) ;) I had some of mine removed as well, when I started here. But we live and we learn. When it comes to pictures, it is often very tricky, because they are often copyrighted. I asked for advice on where I can get pictures from that I could use without problems and I got a lot of help from everybody. <3 Never had that problem again afterwards (keep the fingers crossed)

It �s not just about abiding by the rules. Yes, they are there to protect certain standards, but the most important part about it is the legal problems that could occur if we had pictures (or anything else in that matter) that are owned by other people and we are not allowed to use them. Would not be good if the site got closed down because of legal problems ;). I think that is why everybody is looking out so much for such issues.

Don �t get discouraged, once you got the hang of it all, everything will work just fine :)

14 Aug 2015     

zootsoot
China

So it �s copyrighted pictures too? I thought it was just watermarked pictures. The first thought that popped into my head was what if the copyright stamp is simply cropped out? Acceptable or no? 

15 Aug 2015     

MarionG
Netherlands

I think you can answer your own question zootsoot.
Think of the word copyrighted....what does it mean?

As SaraMariam pointed out; eslprintables could be shut down if copyrighted images are used. In the past there have been threats to the continuation of the site. All of everyone �s points would be useless then, and tons of wonderful resources and ideas would be lost , so let �s just play nice and not use anyone �s work (including images) without permission. 

15 Aug 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Hope you don �t mind my telling you this - do not look for sympathy here if you have broken the rules,
but on the other hand,
if  you updated your ppt so that it did not contain any watermarked pics, there must have been a big mistake if it got deleted again.

Cheers

Giorgi 

15 Aug 2015     

ldeloresmoore
China

Giorgi -- 

WOW did you read that wrong. Just WOW.

No -- in no way am I looking for sympathy for breaking rules. In fact, if you will read my post again, I admitted to accidentally breaking the rules, accepted full responsibility and then work very hard to comply to the rules. Only to find out that I had failed -- again -- but had no clue of what I had done wrong. 

What I am, if you will read again, is frustrated. Nothing more.

I �ve received some very kind support from others who have offered to help a newcomer -- me -- learn the ropes so that in the future I can pay it forward to other newcomers.

But, hey!! Thanks for letting me know that you are not sympathetic.

16 Aug 2015     

1    2    Next >