Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Fun Play Money     

Fun Play Money

cbenglish
United States

Fun Play Money

Hey Everyone, 

I �ve been busy designing some new fun money and I thought I would share it here with you. I have been making these bills for the last year and recently been getting a lot of requests for different kinds and sets. I have found that they are really useful in class, especially with my younger students. They make a great prize or reward system for well behaved kids or ones that have done a good job. I also found they are great for learning counting as well and can help develop basic math skills. Another use is to use them with a game or competition. I have just found these sets of money very helpful and hope they will be as useful to you. 

If you have any recommendations for any other themes or types of fun money, please let me know. I will continue to create these sets for myself and other teachers so feel free to contact me with any feedback. 

Below are a two sets that I made this week. Feel free to download them or check out the website with many other sets. I made everything from Princesses to Space and more. 

17 Aug 2015      

akoyad
France

Thanks a lot ! I �m sure my little ones will love them  :-D

17 Aug 2015     

yanogator
United States

Aren �t these images copyrighted?

Bruce 

17 Aug 2015     

Peter Hardy
Australia

I asked myself the same question, Bruce, and although I didn �t see any markings, my guts tell me they are.

Apart from that, are we not supposed NOT to promote other websites?

What stopped you to turn it into a lovely WS or PPT, CB? 

Cheers, Peter 

17 Aug 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

People used to want points, now they want hits. 
Maybe chenglish has created these cute images. People are so good with their computers these days.

computer  animationsOh, I saw these images on a billboard just now, so I�ve googled them. They are called �Minions�. Must be little characters for kids. (I�m probably alone in not knowing that before...)

18 Aug 2015     

douglas
United States

Cunliffe, Minions are a BIG craze right now they come from the movie Despicable Me.  They now have their own 3D movie, Minions, that is a BIG box-office hit right now. They are popular among (young) adults too.

18 Aug 2015     

valodra
France

Lovely ! Thank you for sharing your great ws with us !!!

I love your site - thank you again!

Val 

18 Aug 2015     

cbenglish
United States

Hey Everyone,

Sorry it took me a bit to reply here to my previous post. Been busy getting ready for the new school year decorating classrooms, meeting parents, and designing new curriculum.

The main purpose of anything I post on this site for the benefit of other teachers, parents and students. I do enjoy sharing my ideas, activities, and games on the forum and I find that on the whole the reception here is very positive. While I have contributed many word files and PPT’s to this site directly a lot of what I create is done in an incompatible format ( a different file type and size ) making it impossible to otherwise share.

I can assure you all that I am not a spammer, bot, or troll and only wish to help others by sharing. I am not selling anything, make no money (I’m a teacher haha ) and do all of this for the love of teaching.

In regard to images used in my creations, I do occasionally use images I find on search engines to incorporate into my projects. These are usually then edited again with other software and used under the “fair use” laws. More information about this can be found at: http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#107  Some of the images I have used are actually in other contributions on this site. If you do a content search for “Disney” or “Minions” you will see them.

I hope this answers anyone’s questions regarding what I have posted here.

To leave everyone with a final uplifting note about creating your own fun money here is how I make it:

1. I start with power point and add / create images and put them together with colored shapes

2. Save the “dollar” I created on PPT as a PNG file

3. Insert the PNG file into a formatted word document

4. Cut and laminated the fun money to give to students and watch them smile ^_^

Here is one last image I created for one of my classes. It was a very personal “dollar” I made when the class graduated and I had to say goodbye and good luck to these young ones. I find personalization of activities and materials for your students, no matter what the age has a much bigger impact then just using a vague text book or worksheet they can’t relate too. Good luck everyone and keep up the amazing work your all doing!

Best Wishes

18 Aug 2015