Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > british key stage 1 curriculum or syllabus    

british key stage 1 curriculum or syllabus

jumpoutofthebuilding
China

british key stage 1 curriculum or syllabus

Hello everyone,

I am a parent who lives in China. My son goes to a primary school but does not use the UK syllabus.

I would like to do some work with him at home to ensure he doesn �t miss out anything and could at least hopefully keep up with what he should be learning (when we go back to the UK)

Do you know any sites or do you have any resources you could recommend?

Thank you so much and I really appreciate your valuable comment or help.

Thank you.

Kiki

4 Sep 2015      

redcamarocruiser
United States

I am unfamiliar with the terms used in education in the UK I did a search on "scope and sequence UK" and very little came up.

http://www.christian-education.org/christian-education/curriculum/ace-curriculum/scope-and-sequence/ is a Christian scope and sequence for level 1-7. It gave the objectives for each grade (level?) , but didn �t give examples. However maybe it could be a starting point for  a search for better material since it has a name for each skill to be mastered.?

When I searched on "UK curriculum" this site came up https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/national-curriculum It has frameworks and programmes of study by subject. Maybe some of the informationn will help you or direct you to what you need.

5 Sep 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Good for you, however, this is my advice. Get him a load of interesting age-appropriate reading books. Is he ready for Harry Potter? If he really isn �t going to take to fiction, get him interest books: biographies, sports books, comics ... If he becomes an avid reader, you can do no better than that. 

7 Sep 2015     

ldeloresmoore
China

I am also in China. In Bejing. Are you near? 

7 Sep 2015