Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ask for the font name of the flag    

ask for the font name of the flag

sunoasis
China

ask for the font name of the flag

Does anyone know how I can make the flag like this?

I think it is done by some kind of fonts, does anyone know what the font name is?
Thanks for advice 

14 Sep 2015      

Tony C
United Kingdom

I find that if you use Powerpoint, i use the 2013 version, type in the word, then choose a font size, about 60 to start with, using most fonts, but something like Calibri light is good to start with.
 Then choose the "FORMAT" tab at the top, then "text fill" which is in the "WordArt Styles" section and choose a colour for the font. Choose "text outline" next and choose black for the outline and you should have something similar to the pictures you posted for the words.
After that you can choose whatever text colours and outlines you need to once you have the hang of it. 
For the flags themselves, just "Insert" then "shapes" where you will find the small triangles which you can change the size of, and freely rotate. and fill with colours.
I hope that helps, and no doubt someone can show you an even easier way to do this.
Good luck. 

14 Sep 2015     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Have you done an image search in Google on the image you want? It might point to a helpful site.

14 Sep 2015     

sunoasis
China

Thanks a lot for your reply, I got it quite easily following Tony �s way, thanks again...

14 Sep 2015