Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ideas for an individual project work    

Ideas for an individual project work

Ann2011
Russian Federation

Ideas for an individual project work

Dear colleagues,
This year I want start a new individual project with my student of the 10th form. I am in doubt what topic will suit, because she is fond of design and I am absolutely ignorant in this sphere. Also it would be interesting to combine two speres of school subjects, for example our last project was about histiry and linguistics. Could anyone help me with suitable idea or may be the way how to find an interesting topic for the project?
Thanks a bunch in advance. Have a nice day! 

22 Sep 2015      

ninon100
Russian Federation

You could give them a design project on an absolutely language-unrelated topic. For instance, "Island". The outcome of the project is an album of images, all connected by this single idea. The sketchbook may include drawings, collages, photos, articles, patterns - all about islands. As for your educational value, students should add comments in English to every page. If they are old enough, they can take the idea metaphorically - Island as isolation: cultural, individual, urban... All that - with English comments and a lot of visual images to their taste. That requires a lot of research and autonomy.
You could also consider projects like "Snow", "Tree", "Birds" - the sky is the limit! I know they do these things in colleges of design in Britain and the USA. 

24 Sep 2015     

Ann2011
Russian Federation

Thanks for your idea! I will try to do it. Have a nica day!

24 Sep 2015