Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help needed! Many thanks in advance! :)    

Help needed! Many thanks in advance! :)

doudouxx
France

Help needed! Many thanks in advance! :)

Would some of the native English speakers be kind enough to  have a look below . One of my kids sent me this resume to send to restaurants in Bristol.

Could you just check if you could/ would say things this way? I �m not so used to writing resumes and want to make sure it �s alright! :)

I would be very grateful! 

Personal summary:

French 18-year-old, motivated and hardworking waiter with experience in a French bar and a gastronomic caterer, able to use exceptional hospitality skills and ability to provide quality and courteous service to the customers in order to maximize customer satisfaction.

Objectives:

To seek a position as a waiter in a restaurant in Bristol to share my passion for food and beverage by enthusiastically serving your guests. To improve my spoken English, visit the country and attend drawing classes. Working as a waiter is a pleasure for me.  

1 Oct 2015      

FrauSue
France

Personal summary:

French 18-year-old, motivated and hardworking waiter with experience in a French bar and a gastronomic caterer, able to use exceptional hospitality skills and ability to provide quality and courteous service to the customers in order to maximize customer satisfaction.

Objectives:

To seek a position as a waiter in a restaurant in Bristol to share my passion for food and beverage by enthusiastically serving your guests. To improve my spoken English, visit the country and attend drawing classes. Working as a waiter is a pleasure for me.

Hello,

I �ve highlighted the parts that I would want to change.
1) "gastronomic caterer"  - is this a traiteur? I would maybe say "events catering".
2) Delete "the" before "customers".
3) food and drink
4) I wouldn �t normally include this on a CV because it doesn �t really relate to the position that your pupil is applying for. 

2 Oct 2015