Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > using clipart    

using clipart

seemaj
Oman

using clipart

Hi,

I have prepared a worksheet - it �s a pair activity in which students get new identities and share personal information using simple present.

However, I have used faces clip art, as identities, downloaded from google images. Is this considered stealing?

Seema

24 Feb 2009      

Logos
Malaysia

If you are to follow the strict letter of the law, then you should check the website from where the image originates and see if there is a restriction on the use of its images.  In reality, if you just take one or two appropriate images then no one seems to worry. 

If, however, the picture has a watermark or printed copyright image or words actually on, through or in the background of the picture then this is clearly copyrighted and should not be used in any illustration.

I believe the common sense needs to prevail in this.  The wholesale copying of all the illustrations from one site would indeed be open to copyright abuse, but the odd illustration I think is adhering to the spirit of the law rather than obeying the letter of the law.

Does that make sense????

24 Feb 2009     

nazlı
Turkey

Hi! my name is NAZLI. I �m from TURKEY. Nice to meet you. If you dowland my printables,
my teacher will
give high grade me.  HELP PLEASE  Tongue
  Embarrassed     
Thumbs Up

24 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I just had to send anything here because, as Zora said, the green letters are an eye-sore.

24 Feb 2009