Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > USING OTHER īS LAYOUT WITHOUT A CHANGE    

USING OTHER īS LAYOUT WITHOUT A CHANGE

evelinamaria
Portugal

USING OTHER īS LAYOUT WITHOUT A CHANGE

I īm a bit upset because someone is using my layout on vocabulary itens... but now with grammar topics.
This an example of the worksheets this person is uploading today...
Is this possible to happen...? Is this acceptable in this site?

thanks in advance,

evelinamaria

24 Feb 2009      

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi

I don īt think it is fair, people should create their own style. But the contents aren īt the same I don īt know what to say to you...

24 Feb 2009     

arkel
Ireland

It īs a bit cheeky to say the least and shows complete lack of respect!

24 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

They ought to have asked you, at least, before using your template.
Write a personal message and tell them.
L

24 Feb 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

I personally do not see a big problem with this.  Surely layouts and designs give people inspiration and there are tutorials which show how worksheets can be designed.  Your layout is an excellent one and can be utilised in a hundred different ways.

I am not a very original thinker and regularly see ideas that I can adapt and incorporate my own material.  If I am copying the whole design I will usually contact the originator and inform them that I want to change it and give them the option of uploading the worksheet if they want. I have designed several templates in PowerPoint and I actually expect others to reuse them and add their own content. 

Maybe this person should have contacted you, but if the content is totally different then I cannot see any harm in uploading it.  Please remember that imitation is the highest form of flattery and so regard it as a complement that someone thought your design so useful that they could utilize it for their own material.

If you were to insist on this being a criteria, that no one can copy a design, then anyone using a text box or tables in a particular way can insist that no one else can use it that way.

24 Feb 2009     

Kita19
Portugal

Hi evelinamaria!

I understand your frustration... I think this user should at least ask for permission to use your layout, but as the contents are different, I guess it couldn īt be called "stolen"...

Maybe you should talk to Victor directly and ask if this is permitted...

Kisses,

Patricia

24 Feb 2009     

nazlı
Turkey

Hi! my name is NAZLI. I īm from TURKEY. Nice to meet you. If you dowland my printables,
my teacher will
give high grade me.  HELP PLEASE  Tongue
  Embarrassed     
Thumbs Up

24 Feb 2009     

gulcihan
Turkey

Hi nazlı I can īt see your worksheet.I want to look at them

24 Feb 2009     

lilytech
Argentina

I saw them an hour ago and I was sure those were yours !
 You`re right to feel upset but  it also shows that you`re a referent  or "inspiration".

24 Feb 2009     

jamiejules
France

hi I would be very upset if it happened to me. I do understand what Lagos says about how creative some people are unlike others, however creativity doesn īt just take 2 minutes, in fact it takes hours and hours and to find out that someone just used it without asking isn īt really fair.
I have downloaded great ws and changed them to fit my needs but I would never upload that material they are just for my personal use;
Some people seem to think it is ok to upload them thoughCry...

24 Feb 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, Evelina
all my support.
Check your private messages and, BTW, check my comment on the link you referred.

24 Feb 2009     

1    2    Next >