Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Adult student    

Adult student

mkosior
Poland

Adult student

Dear All,
Can anybody suggest a coursebook for teaching an adult learner, false beginner?
Thanks in advance,
Margarita 

17 Nov 2015      

Terri Lawson
New Zealand

I use New Cutting Edge Elementary and just take it very slowly, getting the student to repeat the expressions/chunks of language (after I �ve modelled it) again and again.  However, I also divert from it to Language Links Book whenever I see that the student needs something right away (for his/her daily life for example telling the time).

17 Nov 2015     

JuliyaK
Ukraine

I also like Speak Out. It is very nice for speaking activities, +there is a DVD, so you can develop all skills in context. Face2face is more contemporary course from Cambridge with CD-ROM which is a nice addition as drilling and revision at the end of each unit.

18 Nov 2015     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I like Headways for adults.

18 Nov 2015     

joannajs
Poland

English File is fun with lots of supplementaries in the Teacher �s Book - related to 3 areas: grammar, communication, vocabulary, there is also a video in SB �s cd-rom. Alternatively - I liked Inside Out as well because it focuses on speaking a lot with its Anecdotes section where students are supposed to talk on a certain topic (with a help of questions to answer - that really works well!). Inside Out also has also has a dvd accompaning the course and a resource pack in the TB. With a false beginne I would consider an elementary level. Enjoy :-)

18 Nov 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Oxford Solutions is one of the best out there, imho.

18 Nov 2015     

mkosior
Poland

I would like to thank you all for your suggestions. Looking into them carefully in order to make a well-informed decision.
Cheers,
M. 

20 Nov 2015