Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I AM NEW HERE AND I REALY NEED YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT    

I AM NEW HERE AND I REALY NEED YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT

gulgunmurat
Turkey

I AM NEW HERE AND I REALY NEED YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member here. I made a mistake while I was preparing a powerpoint for the website and learned and my powerpoint had been reported because of the pic � used in the first slide. I made this mistake because I am new here and it was my second powerpoint in my life. I don �t know how to prepare a nice powerpoint. I just shared it because I wanted to give an idea to my colleagues. Stealing is not acceptable, I agree with that but can we treat each other a little bit more tolerably about technical and minor errors? Can we use the private messanger for this aim? If I were the one who noticed my mistake, I would sincerely warn him/her via the private messanger. Is it really helpful for us to  report each other like spies as soon as we catch a mistake? Why are we crossing out the our colleagues with red pens? I feel offended and frustrated. I noticed worksheets full of grammar and vocabulary mistakes. aren �t these mistakes far too important than using an unaccepted pic? Cause, the former might lead to mis-learning. By the wayi if I make a grammar or vocab mistake in my works, please inform me. What I like most in life is "learning". I will appreciate it if you teach me something. Actually I am here to learn. I have a motto for my job: " If a teacher �s learning ends, so does his/her teaching". 

8 Dec 2015      

almaz
United Kingdom

I feel for you, G�lg�n. For every rule-ridden preacher here, there are at least a dozen genuine professionals who are willing to help. Don�t give up.

8 Dec 2015     

gulgunmurat
Turkey

Hello Almaz, 

Thanks a lot for your reply to my post. I was preparing  a new worksheet about "should/shouldn �t" when I got the message saying my powerpoint has been reported. I was so frustrated that the idea of leaving the site passed through my mind. I thought about it for a few minutes but didn �t cancel my account. Becasue I like learning and with the help of my colleagues like you, I am sure I am going to learn many things.  

8 Dec 2015     

Mariethe House
France

dear colleague

This has happened to us all.
I agree it is frustrating and more than annoying when you are trying your best and you get reported!
I did suggest the same thing as you do: Inform the person before removing the ws but being a moderator is a tedious job and honestly it is really time consuming That is why I have given it up!) and that it is why moderators are taking a short cut!
So, read the rules again and carry on being the sincere and generous member you are! 
Best regards from France!

8 Dec 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Rule-ridden preachers. That �s what we moderators are then, eh? I feel for the downtrodden but I �m not sure you qualify, gulgunmurat. And good luck with your mentor there! 

8 Dec 2015     

stessenspaola
Argentina

Hi gulgun!  I know the feeling and I �m sure many others have experienced the same as you and me but keep up and don �t feel discouraged, it �s worth it . It took alot of time for me to learn the rules because sometimes I didn �t know where I could find free pictures. However I found many links here in the forum about free resources so  I feel more sure now. I hope you stay and continue sharing with us!  By the way ..

8 Dec 2015     

gulgunmurat
Turkey

Hi Stessenspaola,

Thanks for your support and the coffe. I am drinking a cup of coffee now and feeling better.  It is nice to be a member of this big family. 

8 Dec 2015     

gulgunmurat
Turkey

Dear  Cunliffe,

Firstly, thanks for sparing time to reply my post. Secondly,  "rule-ridden preachers" is not in my post if you have read my post carefully. It was another member �s definiton for the moderators. You can discuss this matter with that person. I was offended as a new member and asked for the others � help. That was just what I did. And from the experience I have lived I came up with a solution. You can accept my solution or not. Of course it is up to the moderators, but if can become a permanent and experienced member, I will certainly warn the new ones who make technical mistakes  for the first time without offending them. The other way is quite discouraging. 

8 Dec 2015     

Manuhk
Hong Kong

Gulgunmurat, using a watermarked image (i.e. an image under copyright) can cause all kind of problems for this website, hence it it not allowed to use them. This is clearly mentioned in the rules, thus there is no need to be offended when a worksheet or powerpoint gets removed.

8 Dec 2015     

gulgunmurat
Turkey

Dear Manuhk,

I know using watermarked images aren �t allowed in our works, but believe me when I was preparing my powerpoint, I wasn �t aware what kind of pic I was using. It was the second powerpoint in my life.  I didn �t make this mistake on purpose. It just happened because of my "illiteracy". Rules are rules, I know and of course they  have been  put into effect to protect us, but if anybody had kindly warned me about my violation of the rule,  I would have deleted my work at once.  I was offended, yes, because I am NEW here. I was not offended as a teacher. I was offended as a human being. When one of your students violate one rule while preparing  the assignment you have asked him/her to do, do you just tear it or do you warn him/her first not to do the same mistake again? I personally choose the second option. Because I know very well that if I choose the first option, he/she will certainly get offended and discouraged. This is point of view. You have showed your point of view. Anyway, there is no problem. I am here to learn, not to teach anybody. I have the feelings and attitude of a pupil who is experiencing the first days of school :) May be because of this I have over-reacted :) Being a rookie is not easy, as you may know by your own experience here. � don �t know what the time is in your country, but it is 8: a.m in mine. So I can greet you with a big smile :) GOOD MORNING! Enjoy your day, enjoy your life, enjoy your teaching.

9 Dec 2015     

gulgunmurat
Turkey

Good morning Mariethe  House, 

It is 9:23 a.m in my country and I am drinking a cup coffee with you :) Your post put a big smile on my face. Thanks a lot! I will never give up trying and I will keep on learning from my teachers like you :) I promise I will be a good student of yours. 

9 Dec 2015     

1    2    Next >