Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > account cancelled    

account cancelled

boro272727
China

account cancelled

this is message for the administrator. I work in a small school in China, I work very closely with a colleague who has had his account cancelled. We produce many worksheets and ppts together, sharing ideas etc. Can I now submit ppts, using the templates that we have created at school but changing the subjects. For instance he submitted ppts called picture games that included a timer. The object of the game is to have a student sit with his back to the Screen and others try and tell him was is behind him, without mentioning what is actually on the screen, whilst a visible timer ran down the time. i would of course change the pictures on the ppt but would leave the timer. I dont want to loose this valuable resource so I am asking in advance if this would be ok or breeach the rules...many thanks

15 Dec 2015      

maryse pey�
France

I think that specifying that the templates are your work on ... (name of the site where these templates can be found) and that you often use them for different games (like a signature in some way) you can use them. Once again as far as they are YOUR work.
Do you know why the account of your colleague was cancelled ? copyrighted or watermarked images ? copied exercises from another site (even if yours you should have specified that you used them on .... (name of the other site)) ?....

So please read carefully the rules and make evident some details (the same exercises on another site of which you are a member or on your OWN blog) that can be ambiguous. Clarify what can be a source of questions.

Cheers.

Maryse.

15 Dec 2015     

boro272727
China

Thanks for the reply, the templates are our work and I havent seen them on another site but I have seen others similar and if someone did alter them and put them on a website then the administrators on this site could judge them to be copied, even though we thought of them first and have been using them for years. My friend was not told which submissions broke the rules, so I am loathe to use these particular ppts for fear of been banned. I hope the administrator could find time to identify which of my friends submissions broke the rules....many thanks

15 Dec 2015     

David Lisgo
Japan

boro, you won �t get banned. The worst that can happen is that your account could be cancelled, as any member �s can. Members break the rules every day, and get found out, so it �s rare tor the administrator, a moderator or the person who reported the worksheet to remember individual worksheets or PPTS. Go and upload something as that is probably the only way for you to find out if someone considers the rules have been broken or not.

Just remember to read the rules each time until you have a good sense of their purpose and intent.

Regards,
David

15 Dec 2015     

boro272727
China

my friends account did get cancelled, so he was in effect banned from using the site, i dont want this to happen to me. the rules or the submissions are open to the interpretation of the administrators. i appreciate their work and i accept their decisions , i would like to submit a ppt as a test which would give me a definite answer on if it would be reported.  many thanks

16 Dec 2015     

David Lisgo
Japan

Very few people actually get banned from the site. Your friend should be able to open a new account. 

16 Dec 2015     

boro272727
China

oh, open a new account with same name?

16 Dec 2015     

boro272727
China

no, cant do this, tried ! says account cancelled

16 Dec 2015     

David Lisgo
Japan

That �s right that account has gone, but he should be able to open a new one in a different name.

16 Dec 2015     

boro272727
China

oh i see. Iwish I could get my ppt checked to see if its ok before submitting it.

many thanks 

16 Dec 2015