Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please help its important    

Please help its important

Emaratia
United Arab Emirates

Please help its important

guys something is puzzling me if students reach grade 5 for instance and still don �t know their alphabets ,sounds ,reading in short like preschoolers and a program is made to help them. Do we use the curriculum of lower gardes to make a plan and individual checklist for what they will learn or just see their requirment and make an outcome for them like eg start with alphabets and sounds and then cvc words, a number of sight words according to ability.I personally find it stupid to use official L/O even if its for the lower grade they already passed through it and it was useless plus honestly some outcomes are rubbish like what will the boy learn for this outcome DISPLAY RESPECT FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS OF OTHERS IN A CONVERSATION OR ENGAGE IN CLASSROOM ROUTINE as speaking and listening skills for speaking and listening strand.I would be grateful with help from all an SEN teachers help would be appreciated.

5 Jan 2016      

Sara5
Kuwait

We have a special classes for the slow learners .They need more effort from the teacher. 

5 Jan 2016     

12bprecise
Mexico

Maybe a more interactive program would help them: video songs like Super Simple, Mother Goose Kids Club, Elmo �s World/Furchester Hotel, Pumpkin English lessons, and so on. Finger puppet songs (Five Little Monkeys), TPR (Stand up, turn off the light, take out 5 M �nMs, color the cat brown, put the girl in front of the refrigerator--making your own displays with felt [see "quiet book" ideas on google images), and repetitive stories (The Hungry Caterpillar) are fun and help students learn much faster than when you have them study grammar and memorize vocabulary. Cambridge has a great book showing how to develop topic-based units: Teaching Children English. In real life, I think you would need to ensure more repetition of a more limited number of structures and vocabulary, but in general, the book is great for teaching you to incorporate different elements into a unit based on an action story. Oxford has another book that also teaches action stories: Teaching Young Language Learners. Their older book Techniques and Resources in Teaching Grammar teaches how to make up stories involving students in demonstrating the use of new grammatical structures, in case you are forced to use a grammar-based curriculum with the children.

5 Jan 2016