Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > will or going to    

will or going to

marios
Italy

will or going to

Hello everyone! I �m unsure about one thing and I would like your assistance, please.

I �ve got the following phrase: �Oh, no! John must have stolen my money! I .......................... (not trust) that man again!

Would you say: �I won �t trust that man again �, since it �s decision taken at the moment of speaking, or
�I �m not going to trust that man again �, since it �s intention?  I �m a little confused.

Thanks a lot for your answers in advance. 

18 Jan 2016      

korova-daisy
Russian Federation

The first variant sounds better, but both ones are possible. You explained the difference yourself.

18 Jan 2016     

yanogator
United States

I definitely agree with korova-daisy. I will add that not only does the first sound better (won �t) and more natural, but it also sounds more like a blanket statement, especially if you add "ever", to get "I won �t ever trust that man again".

Bruce 

18 Jan 2016     

marios
Italy

Thank you for your answers!

18 Jan 2016