Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with a tittle for a teaching unit!    

Help with a tittle for a teaching unit!

ana.ap
Spain

Help with a tittle for a teaching unit!

Hi there!

I �m planning a teaching unit on old toys, old games and things our grandparents used to do for entertainment. I �m going to work with the sound /oi/ and I �m looking for a tittle, but not something like just "Old times" and the like. I had thought "Old toys, old joys", but I don �t know how it sounds for native speakers, is the plural of �joy �  right in this context? I also though �Join the old joys �. 

Do you like these tittles or are they a bit �stupid �? Do they sound right in English? Thanks a million. 

31 Jan 2016      

FrauSue
France

How about "The joys of old toys?" There are lots of phrases starting "the joys of..." in English so it doesn �t sound strange.
You could even go for "The joys of loyal old toys" if you want to emphasis the "oi" sound. 

31 Jan 2016     

maryse pey�
France

What about : The Joys to Enjoy Old Toys ?

31 Jan 2016     

ana.ap
Spain

Thank you very much!! I �m still thinking. "The joys of old toys" seems  a good choice.

31 Jan 2016     

alien boy
Japan

I like "old toys, old joys" a lot! It �s very catchy.

A title or headline doesn �t have to be a formal sentence in everyday usage. In advertising, that might be described as a very �punchy � line, Ana.

Cheers,
AB 

31 Jan 2016     

angelgaby81
Ecuador

Nice titles, if it is possible could you share the activities or readings you are going to develop. TIA

31 Jan 2016     

ana.ap
Spain

Thank you too, alien boy! With a little help of someone else, I �ve decide to finally choose "Old toys, old joys".

Angelgaby, of course I �ll try to share my work! Although lately I �m having problems with the layout of my worksheets because I usually work in Macintosh. Anyway, I �ll do a word version when I have time!  

1 Feb 2016