Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > future continuous vs future perfect    

future continuous vs future perfect

Ruwayda37
Egypt

future continuous vs future perfect

Hello dear colleagues

Thanks a lot for your explicit clarification but I �d like to ask one more question:
I wonder why the underlined answers are the correct ones
By the year 2000, the most amazing inventions (1) will be replacing / will have replaced ordinary household objects. For example, in 2000, home computers will be helping mothers look after their children and we will be cooking in solar ovens. Also, we (2) won �t have done / won �t be doing housework - we will have a robot to do it for us!

That �s what the book answer key shows.

Thanks a lot

2 Feb 2016      

almaz
United Kingdom

Surely the underlined answers are not the correct ones? With respect, I suggest you check the book again, Riham.

2 Feb 2016     

Ruwayda37
Egypt

I did check them but they are as I have mentioned! tried to send a printscreen picture of the answers on the interactive DVD but couldn �t paste it here.

2 Feb 2016     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Example 2 sounds wrong to me.  Good job being alert and following your intuition for what sounds correct and incorrect. I think you caught a typo that the book editor missed..

2 Feb 2016     

Ruwayda37
Egypt

Many thanks, dear colleagues. I appreciate your great help.

2 Feb 2016