Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A doubt    

A doubt

georginasantanna
Portugal

A doubt

Hi everyone!
I �m a newbie here and I have a doubt about a test that I want to upload.
It is a test I gave my sixth graders last year and it contains clipart which I took from a site called Free ClipArt by Philip Martin (sorry, I �ve forgotten the url) and although the pictures are quite small you can see the name "Martin" on them.
What I would like to know is if this can be considered "copyright" or not because if it is I can change the clipart into something that is allowed on eslprintables.
It would be really great if someone could enlighten me about this query.

Many thanks! 

10 Feb 2016      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Georgina,
Phillip Martin very kindly allows us to use his ClipArt, so no problems there!

Lynne 
Edit: Love your avatar!

10 Feb 2016     

georginasantanna
Portugal

Hi Lynne,
Thank you so much for your swift and clear response, Lynne.
Seems that we both have a penchant for cats!!!

10 Feb 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Oh yes, I love cats with a passion! There are lots of cat lovers on here - have you checked out the teachers � cafe? There �s usually some great cat piccies and cartoons.

10 Feb 2016     

spinney
United Kingdom

My moggies are a right pain, but I love �em! 

11 Feb 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Ooh Dale another catophile! Great. I �m having Cat Wars at the mo - a feral is trying to push his way in and my old ginger tomcat Tink isn �t too keen! Isla ( beautiful black shorthair - you can see her with me on my avatar there;)) is hedging her bets.  I shouldn �t encourage the feral (Ferdi) but I can �t resist. One day, he will join our little cat family.  

11 Feb 2016     

Mariethe House
France

Now you lot Dale and Lynne You might be catophiles but, please can you use the English everyone speaks , please because each time you write a post or an answer to a post, I have to look up words in the dictionary!
Moggies! fancy calling cats like that!
In fact I love it! I want more!! 

11 Feb 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Ha Mariethe, I can �t use my usual word for the furry blighters on here as the Americans get all hot and bothered.
(Pussies) 
Hot and bothered = in a state of anxiety or emotional discomfort. 

11 Feb 2016     

spinney
United Kingdom

Yep! I �ve been trying to avoid the "p" word in an effort not to offend our cousins across the pond. 
@Mariethe - I may just have to come up with a worksheet for informal English and common slang for pets. 

11 Feb 2016     

Minka
Slovenia

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=39820

11 Feb 2016     

Mariethe House
France

I would very much appreciate. Thank you Dale.

I am glad I posted because I never knew the p* word for cats was to be avoided in the US! 
So thank you again Lynne and dale

11 Feb 2016     

1    2    Next >