Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > CURIOUS AS TO YOUR OPINION..........    

CURIOUS AS TO YOUR OPINION..........

ldeloresmoore
China

CURIOUS AS TO YOUR OPINION..........

I �m going to put together a ppt that will combine vocabulary in context with conditionals.  My total time allowed for this is only one hour.  I �m thinking I �ll introduce/highlight 4 or 5 of the musicians here, and explain that at a different time we can highlight others and eventually have a final winner.  This will ultimately net cultural exchange, musical genres, musical vocabulary, and discussion using conditionals plus all the new vocab. 

So, I �m just curious as to who you guys would suggest I put together first.

My first inclination is Janis,  Jim, Jimi, Bob.

OR -- Johnny, Ray, John, Elvis.   

I need to present this Tuesday evening, so I need to get busy on it.  And, of course, I �ll be glad to donate it when I finish.

But just curious about the first four you guys might like to see together in the "sing off"....

Cheers from China....

Dee 

The  

20 Feb 2016      

almaz
United Kingdom

Excuse my ignorance, Dee, but who are the chaps 2nd and 4th down on the right-hand column?

21 Feb 2016     

maryse pey�
France

Well, I have to confess that I totally ignore who are some of those faces !

But if I have some choice to do I would say Elvis Presley. The Blacks named him the only White man able to sing negro spirituals with faith and truth in the voice. He was one of the rare white singers to be accepted in such a singing community and he felt this as a great honor.

21 Feb 2016     

ldeloresmoore
China

Hi!! The 4th down, right column is Tupac Shakur. He was a rapper. Personally, I was never a fan, but some people regard him as an artistic genius.  The 2nd down, I also don �t know!! I was hoping someone here could tell me. 

The rest of them I know.

I decided on Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Ray Charles to begin with. And possibly John Lennon. It depends on the time factor.

I have a coworker who will probably be able to tell me who the 2nd guy is. I �ll find out and let you know.

Cheers! 

21 Feb 2016     

almaz
United Kingdom

I did an image search and came up with this:

So the fellow with the yellow hair is/was Cliff Burton from Metallica. ("Whatevs", as my daughter would say )

22 Feb 2016