Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > which one is correct?    

which one is correct?

epit
Turkey

which one is correct?

Hi If you answer me , I will be very very happy .I mnot sure I  �m just confused or I didnt know . Which one is  correct ?

I usually go to cafe   with my friends on Saturdays to have some dessert and drink coffee.  (a)                                                              I usually go to cafe  to have some dessert  and drink coffee with my friends  on Saturdays  .   (b)                                                                                                                                                                                     Thank you for your  sparing time   .              

25 Mar 2016      

SoLuna
Turkey

I would go for the second one.its a better choice to use the time expression at the end of the sentence.

25 Mar 2016     

yanogator
United States

The first one sounds just a little more natural, but both options are correct. You need to have an article ("a" or "the" both work) before "cafe".

Bruce 

25 Mar 2016     

alien boy
Japan

Maybe it �s a dialectical difference, but to me (b) sounds more natural, as long as the article is inserted as per Bruce �s post.

Cheers,
AB 

25 Mar 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

A) sounds more natural in my neck of the woods, which just serves to illustrate that both forms are correct.

26 Mar 2016