Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Under which section?    

Under which section?

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Under which section?

Hi, In my exam there is a question : fill in the spaces with the correct prepositions. E.g. He is ashamed ..... herself. The exam is devided into grammar section, reading section and vocabulary section. Under which section can I write this question? Thanks

30 Mar 2016      

ldeloresmoore
China

Grammar

30 Mar 2016     

aminasyrine
Tunisia

GRAMMAR

30 Mar 2016     

SVieira
Portugal

Well, it should be either grammar or vocabulary. But taking into account that only the structure is to be tested here, I �d go for grammar; vocabulary would a good option if the preposition somehow added meaning, but here changing the preposition doesn �t change the meaning of what �s being said (as it might be the case in "talking to something / someone - talking to an answering machine / talking to Jane" vs. "talking about something / someone - talking about the new answering machine / talking about Jane").
If your question asks students to use any prepositions  that may affect the meaning of the sentence, try to make sure they do not outnumber the questions in which that is not the case. If they do outnumber them, then you might consider the section "vocabulary"
Anyway, make sure you have no spelling mistakes that may confuse your students - your example is an incorrect sentence precisely because of that (I suppose you meant to type "She is ashamed  ..... herself", that �s the only possible option here).

Sandra 

30 Mar 2016     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Yes...it is typo. Thanks a lot all.

30 Mar 2016