Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > meaning of "playing with my DSi:    

meaning of "playing with my DSi:

Ruwayda37
Egypt

meaning of "playing with my DSi:

Hello dear colleagues, Could you please explain the meaning of "DSi" in the sentence:
 I never waste my time playing with my DSi. I prefer to pass the time with my friends
                                                                                       Thanks a lot

2 Apr 2016      

oxXSABXxo
Germany

2 Apr 2016     

Ruwayda37
Egypt

Thanks a lot! How can I define it for students because I was not able to find any definition for that apparatus?

2 Apr 2016     

oxXSABXxo
Germany

You can simply say that it is a world famous portable game console or as it is called here "a dual-screen handheld game console developed and released by Nintendo" Hope it helps you my dear! Abigail.

2 Apr 2016     

Ruwayda37
Egypt

Thanks a lot for your help. Have a nice day!

2 Apr 2016     

SVieira
Portugal

DS stands for "Dual Screen". I stands for... "I don �t know"? No, just kidding.
I seems to stand for Iteration (=repetition, a form, version or adaptation of something), as this Nintendo console is a new version of the dual-screen option for consoles (before this one was launched, there had already been other DS Nintendo consoles, of previous generations).
You may take a look at the following weblinks to see what I am referring to:

Wikipedia on Nintendo DSI

Iteration

Sandra 

3 Apr 2016     

alien boy
Japan

Here in Japan the kids just call it  �DSi � or �Nintendo DSi �, like using a brand name e.g. �Coke � for �coca cola �.

Cheers,
AB 

3 Apr 2016     

Ruwayda37
Egypt

Thanks a lot for your explicit clarification.

5 Apr 2016     

frere
Albania

mutant nintendo turtles? whatever next !
ps alien boy: coca cola is a brand name.

29 Nov 2016     

alien boy
Japan

frere, as I said, like using a brand name e.g. Coke (not the name, but a shortened version) for coca cola (the actual brand name)

�DSi � is not the brand name, �Nintendo DSi � is the correct name.

Cheers,
AB 

29 Nov 2016