Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > gifted students    

gifted students

borna
Croatia

gifted students

Hi people,
we have a few very gifted students in our school, age 15-16, and was asked to make an English language workshop (3 hours long) for them.
Any ideas/topics/worksheets that I can use?
I have never done this before...I was thinking some vocabulary exercises, word formation worksheets, phrasal verbs/collocations - but all on the same topic - something like that. Would that be okay?
Grateful in advance for any ideas and help.

Sasa 

9 Apr 2016      

Minka
Slovenia

Maybe you could form two groups and organize a debate. Give them two hours and a half to prepare by looking through any materials needed to defend their position and half an hour for the debate itself. Or something like that.

Before introducing the idea of the debate you could do a reading on the topic (whichever topic you choose), but not  a text that gives an opinion already.

Possible topics: legalizing marijuana, importance or lack of importance od education (or anything else), paying/avoiding taxes etc. There are many. Hope this helps, at least a little bit. 

10 Apr 2016     

class centre
Belarus

I like to offer my students a ridiculous topic like " There �s no sence in doing homework", You can live happily without money, The best thing to do is doing nothing... etc..Then one group is supposed to defend the positive opinion and the other - the negative. So much fun and discusion! Give it a try...

11 Apr 2016